Okay, so, despite the global pandemic and the London lockdown and general life weirdness, I am doing my best to get back on track with some of these goals. Here's how I did this week!
1. Walk 20 minutes a day
I walked all but one day this week. At this point, I'm doing it for the mental health benefits as much as the physical ones!
2. Win a Healthy Wage
The scale went down this week. I'm definitely not where I want to be (up from the beginning of the year, ack!) but I'm heading in the right direction and for now, that's enough. The weigh-in date for this is in 3 months so I still have time to hit my goal.
3. Do yoga 3x a week for 20 minutes a time
I'm gonna try this one this week, even without a proper yoga mat. I'll let you know how it goes.
4. Do a 20km walk
5. Run 2 miles in under 20 minutes
6. Read/re-read 20 classic novels
7. Read 20 different theologians
8. Read 20 psychology books
I'm still on my novel kick and trying to get some finished before they are due back at the library. Then I think I'm close to being back in the headspace to read some books on my goal list.
9. Meditate for 20 minutes a week
This is on my list for this coming week!
10. Visit 20 churches
Ironically, this would be an easy one to complete right now. There are a dozen beautiful, historical churches within walking distance of our flat. Except they are all now closed for the foreseeable future. Sigh.
11. Make the perfect steak at home
12. Sew pockets into my thrift store dresses
13. Work on learning a foreign language 20 minutes a week
I listened to the Duolingo podcast this week! It told the story of a young Vietnamese woman who was raised by adoptive French parents and how she found her birth parents and the true story of her family history.
14. Try 20 new to me foods
15. For 20 consecutive days eat 20g of carbs or less
16. Practice 20 dishes for Come Dine with Me
17. Every single day set aside $20 towards savings and/or debt repayment
18. Spend 20 minutes a day (or 140 minutes/week) writing towards something to publish
19. Go on 20 free excursions
20. Play 20 sessions of board games
Dominion is officially inventoried, organized, and set-up for daily play in this household! We've decided that we are going to play at least one game every single day. I've also decided that just playing a game with Joel doesn't satisfy this goal - at least one other friend must be included!