Um, the world is changing/has changed a lot in the two weeks since I last wrote this post. A pandemic has changed how the world operates. Joel and I moved to London. We are now living in London in the midst of a lockdown - only able to leave our flat for groceries (as infrequently as possible) and exercise once a day. I'm working from home which is a weird way to start at a new church.
I'm not sure my goals for the year will stay the same. But here's how I'm doing on them for now, anyway.
1. Walk 20 minutes a day
I walked a lot the first week we were here as we scrambled to get our lives set up before the city shut down. Now I do plan to go out and walk for 20 minutes every day as our one form of exercise. It's needed. I don't have a perfect streak for the year, but I am doing my best.
2. Win a Healthy Wage
The scale was up this week which I expected from our routines being thrown off and the incredible stress of moving to a new country not to mention in the midst of a pandemic. Now that things have calmed down somewhat I do hope to get back on track to win this by June 30th (must weigh in at 210.)
3. Do yoga 3x a week for 20 minutes a time
0/3 Our flat is tiny. I don't have a yoga mat or even a rug. I will get back to this goal someday, but it might not be right now.
4. Do a 20km walk
5. Run 2 miles in under 20 minutes
6. Read/re-read 20 classic novels
7. Read 20 different theologians
8. Read 20 psychology books
I am reading...I just find myself wanting to get lost in mystery novels rather than read anything too serious. I'm okay with that right now.
9. Meditate for 20 minutes a week
I really should get back to doing this one. Lord knows I could use it right now!
10. Visit 20 churches
11. Make the perfect steak at home
12. Sew pockets into my thrift store dresses
13. Work on learning a foreign language 20 minutes a week
I've got the podcasts downloaded, will start adding this to my routine again soon!
14. Try 20 new to me foods
15. For 20 consecutive days eat 20g of carbs or less
16. Practice 20 dishes for Come Dine with Me
17. Every single day set aside $20 towards savings and/or debt repayment
18. Spend 20 minutes a day (or 140 minutes/week) writing towards something to publish
19. Go on 20 free excursions
20. Play 20 sessions of board games
I foresee a lot of games in our future as we sit in quarantine!