Here's the scoop on how I'm doing on my list this week!
Life is still pretty much chaos as we are trying to squeeze in as much time as we can with family and friends so we are bouncing around the Midwest and schedules are constantly changing. My progress reflects that, and that's okay.
1. Walk 20 minutes a day
For the first time this year, this goal fell by the wayside for a few days. We were with friends, planning a funeral, a lot was going on. I'm getting back to it though. Just because I missed a few isn't an excuse to let it go for the rest of the year. I'm back on track and that's what counts!
2. Win a Healthy Wage
I can feel my clothes fitting properly so I know I'm not gaining. I don't know if I'm losing yet but my mom said I could check in on her scale. I should do that sometime soon...
3. Do yoga 3x a week for 20 minutes a time
0/3 At this point I'm just pressing pause on this one till I'm back in the UK.
4. Do a 20km walk
5. Run 2 miles in under 20 minutes
6. Read/re-read 20 classic novels
7. Read 20 different theologians
8. Read 20 psychology books
9. Meditate for 20 minutes a week
Got behind on this one, too! I'll catch up this week.
10. Visit 20 churches
11. Make the perfect steak at home
12. Sew pockets into my thrift store dresses
13. Work on learning a foreign language 20 minutes a week
Got behind again on this one, it was a rough week.
14. Try 20 new to me foods
15. For 20 consecutive days eat 20g of carbs or less
16. Practice 20 dishes for Come Dine with Me
17. Every single day set aside $20 towards savings and/or debt repayment
18. Spend 20 minutes a day (or 140 minutes/week) writing towards something to publish
I think next week I'll just stop highlighting this one until I get in a place where I can actually work on it.
19. Go on 20 free excursions
20. Play 20 sessions of board games
5/20 Going to see some friends in Ames and then Minnesota means I got lots of game playing in! I suspect I'll have at least a couple more games nights as well before leaving the States. At Brian and Danielle's we played a new-to-us game called Spirit Island that Joel is loving but I am...meh about at the moment. At the Magnuson's in Minnesota, we played at least one game of Dominion almost every day. Dominion is my favorite game in the whole world - even when I lose (multiple times!) to my five-year-old Godson, lol. It's still fun