Here's the scoop on how I'm doing on my list this week!
Also, I just thought of the perfect name for this weekly post (only took me 7 weeks ha!) So instead of the boring "Check-In 2020" I changed it to "2020 Vision." Get it? Like, 2020 vision? But also, this is my vision for how I want 2020 to go for me? I like it.
1. Walk 20 minutes a day
This last week was a doozy when it comes to the getting a job in a foreign country roller coaster but even with all the dizzying ups and downs that threw me off of reaching many of my other weekly goals, I kept up with this one. Truth be told, this goal is helping to keep me sane. It gives me a reason to get out of the house and get moving even if it's only for a small amount each day!
2. Win a Healthy Wage
I weighed in at 227.75 this morning which is up a pound from 2 weeks ago when I last shared here. Definitely going the wrong direction. However, considering the amount of stress I've had this week (and an eat my feelings binge session on Tuesday night after the worst of it) only one pound is kind of a win. My Healthy Wage deadline is June 30th and 210 pounds. So, 18 pounds in a little over 4 months is not unreasonable as long as I get at it. And I'll really have to watch myself when going back to the States as the last time we went home (last summer) I gained almost 10 pounds!
3. Do yoga 3x a week for 20 minutes a time
1/3 This week sucked. Yoga might have helped, but I didn't get it done. In part because the space I normally practice is now taken up with stuff we bought to move to our flat which we were supposed to move into on Friday but then couldn't...like I said, the week sucked. This means I now have 3 make-up sessions to keep on my radar.
4. Do a 20km walk
5. Run 2 miles in under 20 minutes
6. Read/re-read 20 classic novels
7. Read 20 different theologians
0/20 I started reading my first one in this category today...hopefully I'll have it finished by next week!
8. Read 20 psychology books
9. Meditate for 20 minutes a week
10. Visit 20 churches
11. Make the perfect steak at home
12. Sew pockets into my thrift store dresses
13. Work on learning a foreign language 20 minutes a week
This one slipped my radar this week. I'll listen to two podcasts this week to catch up!
14. Try 20 new to me foods
15. For 20 consecutive days eat 20g of carbs or less
16. Practice 20 dishes for Come Dine with Me
17. Every single day set aside $20 towards savings and/or debt repayment
18. Spend 20 minutes a day (or 140 minutes/week) writing towards something to publish
I am totally keeping track of how far behind I am (820 minutes so far.) So that's something, right?
19. Go on 20 free excursions
20. Play 20 sessions of board games