Here's the scoop on how I'm doing on my list this week!
1. Walk 20 minutes a day
I am loving keeping the streak alive on this one! Today is a particularly nasty day outside so I'm tagging along with Vince and Joan to the mall so I can get my walking in even though I would actually rather stay home and read a book and/or take a nap. But I will not let a day pass without getting my twenty minutes in, not when I've come this far!
2. Win a Healthy Wage
I got up extra early for 8:00 church this morning (instead of the usual 10:00) and in the midst of my rush to get out the door on time I did forgot to weigh in. I will check my progress on the scale tomorrow and make note of it on my weight tracking apps. I'll update this space next week!
3. Do yoga 3x a week for 20 minutes a time
3/3 I did all three sessions this week, but I didn't get a fourth in to make up for last week. It's still on my radar though!
4. Do a 20km walk
5. Run 2 miles in under 20 minutes
6. Read/re-read 20 classic novels
7. Read 20 different theologians
8. Read 20 psychology books
1/20 I finished my first book in a category this week, yay! I read Atomic Habits by James Clear - a fascinating look at how to build good habits and break bad ones. It got me really motivated to create an environment for success (just as soon as we have our own environment!)
9. Meditate for 20 minutes a week
10. Visit 20 churches
6/20 No new churches this week. I was planning to go to the Quaker meeting house around the corner for their 10:30 service....but by the time I was meant to leave the house the winds were high and the rain was pouring down and I did not feel like going outside.
11. Make the perfect steak at home
12. Sew pockets into my thrift store dresses
13. Work on learning a foreign language 20 minutes a week
The Duolingo podcast this week talked about a man who helped refugees when the refugee crisis hit his border town of France. It was a fascinating look at politics and the sacrifices one person can make to change the world.
14. Try 20 new to me foods
15. For 20 consecutive days eat 20g of carbs or less
16. Practice 20 dishes for Come Dine with Me
17. Every single day set aside $20 towards savings and/or debt repayment
18. Spend 20 minutes a day (or 140 minutes/week) writing towards something to publish
I mean. I will catch up. Someday. I promise.
19. Go on 20 free excursions
20. Play 20 sessions of board games