Here's the scoop on how I'm doing on my list this week!
1. Walk 20 minutes a day
Another win in this column! This might be my favorite goal I have ever set for myself.
2. Win a Healthy Wage
This week I lost the 1.25 pounds I gained last week, putting me back at 225.75. I'll take it and keep going, hopefully.
3. Do yoga 3x a week for 20 minutes a time
4/3 I did an extra session this week to make up for missing one last week (thus keeping my overall goal for the year on track.) I can definitely feel a difference in myself on the days I do yoga - more alert, more comfortable in my body, etc. I just need to remember this on the days I'm feeling unmotivated for whatever reason.
4. Do a 20km walk
5. Run 2 miles in under 20 minutes
6. Read/re-read 20 classic novels
7. Read 20 different theologians
8. Read 20 psychology books
9. Meditate for 20 minutes a week
I intended to do this on Monday...then procrastinated for several days in a row, but I did get it knocked out just before sitting down to write this post. Again, I like doing it and I like how I feel after, I just need to get in the routine of it I think.
10. Visit 20 churches
5/20 After going overboard and adding 4 to the list last week, this week I didn't add any. I did go to church, just to one I have been to previously. I got to hear Bishop Rowan Williams (former Archbishop of Canterbury) preach and it was excellent.
11. Make the perfect steak at home
12. Sew pockets into my thrift store dresses
13. Work on learning a foreign language 20 minutes a week
This week's Duolingo podcast featured an island that is still a part of France and a young girl who grew up there longing to become a French intellectual on the mainland. I loved it!
14. Try 20 new to me foods
15. For 20 consecutive days eat 20g of carbs or less
16. Practice 20 dishes for Come Dine with Me
17. Every single day set aside $20 towards savings and/or debt repayment
18. Spend 20 minutes a day (or 140 minutes/week) writing towards something to publish
Still behind on this one, still waiting for life to settle down. I am reading an excellent book on habit formation (as part of my #8 goal) and the author talks about designing our environment to help us succeed. This is where I am lacking right now - the environment I am in is not my own and I can't optimize it to help me reach my goals. I am sooooo looking forward to getting into our own place soon and getting to do that! I have a feeling that once I do, this goal will take off.
19. Go on 20 free excursions
20. Play 20 sessions of board games