Here's the scoop on how I'm doing on my list this week!
1. Walk 20 minutes a day
I have continued my perfect streak on this one, yay!
2. Win a Healthy Wage
This morning I weighed in at 225.75, which is down 0.75 pounds from last week. Not as much of a change as I would like to see, but a small step in the right direction is still going in the right direction!
3. Do yoga 3x a week for 20 minutes a time
3/3 I got all three sessions in this week! It felt really good, too. I think I can keep the streak going where we are, as there is a good place to practice. Aldi had inexpensive yoga mats available this week but since we still don't know when we are settling down I couldn't buy one. I'm hoping they'll still be around when I can get one!
4. Do a 20km walk
5. Run 2 miles in under 20 minutes
6. Read/re-read 20 classic novels
7. Read 20 different theologians
8. Read 20 psychology books
9. Meditate for 20 minutes a week
On Wednesday I did 20 minutes of meditation right after my 20-minute yoga session. I really enjoyed pairing them together like that so I think that will be my routine going forward - likely on Mondays so I can start the week off right!
10. Visit 20 churches
1/20 This morning I attended the nearby Church of England parish for worship. (To be fair, I wanted to continue going to the Methodist church but it was raining and while the Methodists were 1.6 miles away the CoE church was only .3 miles away so they won.) I enjoyed the liturgy and receiving communion for the first time this year (even if it was a wafer and wine instead of my beloved bread and grape juice.)
11. Make the perfect steak at home
12. Sew pockets into my thrift store dresses
13. Work on learning a foreign language 20 minutes a week
I listened to a Duolingo podcast this week - 20 minutes of a story told in both French and English. It was about a baker who won the "Best Baguette in Paris" award and was really interesting! Also, we turned French subtitles on for our re-watch of The Good Place season 3 (preparing to watch season 4) so that totally counts, too.
14. Try 20 new to me foods
15. For 20 consecutive days eat 20g of carbs or less
16. Practice 20 dishes for Come Dine with Me
17. Every single day set aside $20 towards savings and/or debt repayment
18. Spend 20 minutes a day (or 140 minutes/week) writing towards something to publish
I caught up this week! But then I also fell behind again, haha. I have faith I will reach this cumulative goal by the end of the year.
19. Go on 20 free excursions
20. Play 20 sessions of board games